Get in as fast as 1 hour
It’s all local
Shop your favorites
Connect with shoppers
Whole Rockfish Delivery or Pickup
The Instacart guide to whole rockfish products
Whole Rockfish Near Me
Buy your favorite Whole Rockfish online with Instacart. Order Whole Rockfish from local and national retailers near you and enjoy on-demand, contactless delivery or pickup within 2 hours.
FAQs about whole rockfish
Rockfish is available year-round, and since there are so many varieties, they have no true peak season. When shopping for whole rockfish, pick up the package and determine if it has a smell. You don't want to purchase fish with a fishy or sour smell; instead, it should smell fresh and mild. You also want a package that hasn't been torn or opened. The fish's flesh should be firm and shiny. The gills should also be bright and without any type of milky slime, while its eyes should be clear and have a slight budge.
Lightly press down on the fish, and the flesh should spring right back. Ensure the fish doesn't have any darkening, discoloration, or drying anywhere around the edges. If possible, select packages that are toward the bottom of the freezer case since these will be the coldest.
As with any fish, you must refrigerate or freeze it immediately. When placing the fish in the refrigerator, make sure it's wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and secured in a plastic bag or container. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to seven days. You can also put the rockfish in the freezer, in a freezer-safe bag or container, where it will keep indefinitely. However, after three months, the flavor and texture will lessen.
When you're ready to use the frozen whole rockfish, place the package in the refrigerator the day before you plan to use the fish. To expedite the process, you can also put the package in a zipped plastic bag and immerse it in cold water.
Whole rockfish provide numerous health benefits, no matter what variety you select. Some of the common nutrients and vitamins they offer include:
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Just like most fish, rockfish are full of omega-3 fatty acids, which can reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Potassium: This mineral moves nutrients into cells and removes waste products. It also can offset some of sodium's harmful effects on blood pressure.
- Protein: Rockfish have an abundance of protein, which helps repair your body's cells.
- Selenium: This antioxidant has cancer-fighting properties and helps your heart stay healthy.
- Vitamin D: Certain types of rockfish can contain almost half of your recommended daily intake of this vitamin, which assists with bone and muscle health, weight management, and nervous system functioning.