Leg of Lamb Delivery or Pickup
The Instacart guide to leg of lamb
About leg of lamb
Leg of lamb cuts from the hind saddle of a lamb. Often prepared whole, a portion typically weighs between 3 -6 pounds and serves up to eight people. Lamb is a popular dish in Mediterranean and European cultures for its unique and delicious flavor.
There are many secondary cuts of lamb leg to choose from, including:
- Bone-in: A thin layer of fat remains on top of the leg for added moisture, making it juicier during cooking. Roasting bone-in meat makes it more tender and is a popular style of cooking.
- Easy carve: Easy carve leg is boneless and evenly rolled, netted, or tied for firmness. When oven cooked, searing first results in more tender meat.
- Leg (tunnel bones): Tunnel-boned legs have the rump and knuckle removed to allow for faster cooking time and easy carving.
- Butterflied: A butterflied lamb roast has the bone removed, making it possible to lay the roast flat while cooking. You can butterfly the leg yourself or buy it boneless. Shop Instacart's selection of butterflied lamb leg and enjoy same-day delivery to your door.
- Mini roast: Lamb mini roast comes from the hindquarter leg chump muscle. Mini roasts have all the same benefits as larger ones but in much smaller portions. They cook faster and are ideal when cooked to medium doneness.
- Leg steak: Leg steaks are boneless leg prepared by cutting along the natural seams. Typical cuts are approximately 20 mm thick and include several cuts like silverside, knuckle, rump, and topside.
Leg of Lamb Near Me
Buy your favorite leg of lamb online with Instacart. Order leg of lamb from local and national retailers near you and enjoy on-demand, contactless delivery or pickup within 2 hours.